Thursday, January 22, 2009

Anticancer: A New Way of Life

I believe knowledge is power. It took a while to get to this place, but I've become immensely interested in health news in general and books about cancer prevention in particular. I'm currently reading Anticancer: A New Way of Life by David Servan-Schreiber, MD, which chronicles a doctor's bout with a brain tumor and relapse and his subsequent realization that very little nutritional advice is given to cancer patients. He decides to research the impact of food choices on cancer prevention, and discovers many studies that suggest certain foods can help or impede cancer cell growth. I've heard of most of his discoveries, but it's still compelling reading because of his own personal experience with brain cancer.

I will be buying this book and giving it to other cancer survivors or those who care for them. Meanwhile, I am sure I am driving my family crazy with my constant references to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment