Thursday, January 29, 2009

A Bump in the Road

We've hit a bump in the road. DD16 had a regularly scheduled MRI this past week. The last MRI six months previous had shown some small spots, probably scar tissue from the brain radiation she received. One of these has grown significantly and her neurosurgeon is leaning towards removing it. He says it is probably a cavernous malformation, a known side-effect from brain radiation, although it appears anyone can have one. We will meet with him next week to discuss this further.

If possible, I prefer to keep this blog positive and hopeful. I never wanted to chronicle her cancer journey. I am too private and it was too painful. I want this blog to be empowering, to be about choices to keep as healthy as possible. In the same regard, I am trying to approach this upcoming hurdle in a proactive way. I've discussed with DD16 that we will try to keep her as healthy as possible, in order to up the odds of a quick recovery from surgery.

So, she is diligently eating her fruits and vegetables and is starting to drink two cups of green tea a day. Without any sweetener, no less. Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment