Monday, May 4, 2009

Mediterranean Pinto Beans


One of my favorite websites is The World's Healthiest Foods (http://www.whfoods.org/). It presents in-depth nutritional information on a wide range of natural (not processed) foods. The website also offers a newsletter, cooking tips to minimize nutrient loss, and recipes. I think it's a great resource for ideas on incorporating healthier foods in our diet.

In my quest to add more legumes as a protein and vegetable source in meals, I've had to search out interesting, tasty ways to serve beans. Recently I tried Mediterranean Pinto Beans from The World's Healthiest Foods, and really liked them. Most of the family did too, although there were a few holdouts. I especially like the addition of anchovies, which were subtle enough to add depth but not overpower the other flavors. Although I like anchovies, I have to hide them in any foods the kids are going to eat.


No comments:

Post a Comment