Thursday, August 27, 2009

Ted Kennedy

I'm not a very political person. I don't really admire any politicians...in fact, I'm usually pretty cynical about them. But I have felt very, very sorry for Ted Kennedy this past year. A brain tumor diagnosis is a terrible burden for both the patient and the family.

DD17 was so upset when she learned of Ted Kennedy's brain tumor. She knew what he would be facing, and that his odds weren't good. She decided she would write him a note, and tell him she would pray for him.

He (or most-likely a staff member) wrote back, thanking her for her thoughts and prayers. She was touched that someone cared enough to acknowledge her note. She still has the thank you, in a box of mementos. I'm glad she kept it. It is another touchstone in the seemingly never-ending cancer battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment