Thursday, November 12, 2009

A Green Smoothie

I tried making green smoothies again. Success! I used the simplest recipe I've seen...two bananas, two cups of water, and a big handful or two of baby spinach leaves (enough to fill the blender). This made enough for about 3 or 4 glasses.




I was quite excited. I'm sure the kids think I'm a nut, but they indulged me by trying it. They agreed all you could taste was bananas, although they did make comments like "Looks like something Shrek would drink" and "I feel like I'm drinking pond scum."

----------

Hopefully green smoothies and the like will protect us against H1N1, because they're giving the virus away free at the local supermarket. Today, my cashier and the one behind me were trading stories about how they dragged themselves into work after three days home sick with aches, chills, and headaches. AARRGH. Now we know how pandemics happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment