Sunday, July 11, 2010

Resuming Knitting

The Heather Hoodie Vest from the Fall 2009 issue of Knitscene has been sitting in the corner of the closet since last fall. I've been feeling a bit guilty at never having finished it, so I pulled it out today and got re-acquainted.

I can't believe I stopped knitting it when I did. (Not sure why I'm surprised...this usually happens to me, stopping a project after finishing almost three quarters of it.) I am half-way through the second front piece, then just have to do the bands and the hood.

I must have gotten tired of it. Or, more likely, I was overwhelmed with the College Application Stuff. I know I shouldn't have been. DD18 is very self-sufficient and never had to be reminded of deadlines. Really, she ran with the whole thing.

But that's the way I am. I get so into life events. Sometimes the fringe activities get pushed aside so I can live and breathe the main event. A little balance would be better, I think, and emotionally healthier. Do you just accept the way you are, or do you fight the tendencies and try to change, at least a little? I'm not sure which is the right answer, and sometimes you only have energy for the one big thing going on in your life, and that's OK, too.

Regardless, I'm determined to finish this project so I can move on to something else. Eventually, it will get cold around here and it's nice to already an already-finished item ready to wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment