Monday, June 15, 2009

A Second Home (Not)

Saw this entertaining article in Newsweek about vacation homes and the economy:

http://www.newsweek.com/id/199931

It's timely because as we count down to the last day of school, I'm anticipating the quiet that will descend on my (already quiet) little town. It seems everyone leaves for their second home (or their parent's beach home, which they will inherit someday) as soon as school's out. Really.

We consider ourselves lucky to be able to pay one mortgage and other bills, along with the myriad costs of raising three children, in this economy. I realize everyone's circumstances are different, but from a practical standpoint, I can't even begin to contemplate the energy it would take to deal with another house on the weekends, when I can barely keep on top of the chores for this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment