Wednesday, December 9, 2009

H1N1 Update

The high school flu clinic went so well that the Board of Health nurses wanted the same volunteers to work another clinic for elementary school-age children and young adults only. I said I would work it if I could get my own son a shot, even though he fell between the two age groups. They said no. Guess I'm not a good negotiator.

So I called the pediatrician and begged to have DS12 put on a priority list. They agreed with me he appeared to be falling through the cracks, but would put him at the bottom of their list until more shots came in.

And more shots finally did arrive...he will be getting his shot after school on Thursday. The office initially said they were running a clinic later in the week, but then offered to give him his shot at a time of my convenience. Maybe someone finally felt sorry for me. I am so glad I will be able to cross this worry off my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment