Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year's Eve

Today it is snowing, and husband has taken DD17 out to drive. She got her license last winter, but had her surgery soon after and couldn't drive for six weeks (nor wanted to). So, she doesn't have much experience in very bad weather. And while I am certainly a coward in driving with teenagers, husband's nerves are much better. She has to learn, and he's a better teacher than I am. I'd like to get her into a defensive driving course, but they are not very near by and usually at inconvenient times for us. I probably should take one myself.

The holidays are almost over, and for the most part were pleasant and relaxing. I did catch the cold the kids brought home, but I seem to be over it in a very short period of time. I drank lots of tea and made lots of chicken soup, and other than some lingering sinus issues, I feel pretty good. Now we just have to finish up the sweets and the rich(er) holiday foods hanging around, and we'll be ready to usher in the New Year on a hopefully healthy note.

I'm not sorry to see 2009 end. It didn't start very well and illness did seem to dominate it in one form or another in my extended family. However, I have no desire to stay up until midnight to toss the calendar into the fire like I did at the end of 2004. That was a symbolic gesture I planned for a long time that year.

So my wish for 2010 is good health for all near and dear. Because without that, everything else is meaningless.

No comments:

Post a Comment