Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Pasta Con Tonno

Last night's challenge was easy: Pasta con Tonno, or Pasta with Tuna. This is a classic southern Italian pasta dish, originally using fresh tuna. It's very simple, like most Italian dishes...just pasta, tuna, garlic, olive oil, white wine, and fresh parsley. Other variations add some chopped tomato or even a bit of anchovy. Amounts vary according to taste and what you have on hand...I never measure and generally have to triple everything to create the heaping mounds of food that will satisfy three hungry kids. It's important to add a generous amount of the pasta cooking water, so the dish is not too dry, as well as plenty of salt and black pepper.

Tonight's meal will consist of the several packages of dried beans I found in my freezer, supplemented by some just-purchased beets and beet greens. I will probably roast the beets along with some potatoes I already had on hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment