Monday, October 19, 2009

H1N1 Clinic

Our pediatrician will be holding an H1N1 clinic tomorrow night. The recorded message said there was limited injectable vaccine but plenty of flu-mist vaccine. First come first serve. I might try running the kids over, but DS12 came home from school today with a sore throat. I'll have to see how he feels in the morning. I'll probably call the pediatrician to ask if a cold (likely) with no fever is a reason to not get the vaccine.

Of course, the thought has crossed my mind that he might have H1N1, and the sore throat is the start. We'll see. He's known in our house as "the carrier."

Here's another article advocating the shot. I like these. They counteract the hysterical, anti-vaccine crowd. I'm 99% certain the vaccine is a Good Thing. We don't like illness in this house, and I'd rather "risk" the vaccine than risk getting H1N1, especially with one kid with asthma. And DD17 has not been very "sick" at all for the last five years, believe it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment