Friday, October 2, 2009

October is...

....sweater weather! I'm making DD17 the Heather Hoodie Vest from the Fall 2009 issue of Knitscene.

It's a fast knit and I'm almost finished with the back, which is the biggest piece. I need to keep plugging away with this, so she can wear it soon and I can move on to another project. It's supposed to rain this weekend, so hopefully I'll make some progress on it.

I'm really liking this yarn. The yarn store owner recommended it instead of the Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Bulky originally called for. She says it won't pill as much. I just like the tweedy flecks since it's more interesting, I think. It's more of a bright navy blue than the cobalt blue that's showing up in these shots.
The yarn is Lana Grossa Royal Tweed, and it's so soft. Hopefully it well wear well, because I'm sure it will be washed often. DD17 tends to toss all her clothes in the hamper after school...all that sneezing and coughing in the halls really grosses her out. Can't say I blame her, but wool sweaters need a little TLC to stay nice looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment